- This event has passed.
Online Peer-to-Peer Course Start
June 23 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The next Peer-to-Peer course, beginning June 23 from 6-8 pm, will be held online through Zoom. To start your registration and learn more please visit the Peer-to-Peer webpage and fill out the form.
Whether you’ve lived with a mental health condition for years or have a recent diagnosis, you may be looking for more information about your situation and how to manage it. Regardless of your diagnosis, Peer-to-Peer will help you better understand your condition and journey toward recovery.
This mental health education course meets 2 hours a week for 8 weeks. The program consists of presentations, discussions, and interactive exercises that encourage growth and sharing. In a supportive, confidential environment, participants learn from one another and experience sincere, uncritical acceptance. Recovery is a process, and there is hope for everyone living with a mental health condition. In Peer-to-Peer, you will
- Learn about up-to-date mental health research
- Discover new coping strategies (but NAMI never recommends a specific treatment)
- Learn how to interact with health care providers
- Create a personalized relapse prevention plan
- Discuss the stigma attached to a mental health condition and how to reduce it
- Gain confidence in your ability to make health-related decisions and reduce stress
- Learn to access resources that will help maintain your journey toward recovery