- This event has passed.
Peer-to-Peer Ypsilanti Start
September 18 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Whether you’ve lived with a mental illness for years or have a recent diagnosis, you may be looking for more information about your situation and how to manage it. Regardless of your diagnosis, Peer-to-Peer will help you better understand your condition and journey toward recovery.
This mental health education course meets 2 hours a week for 8 weeks. The program consists of presentations, discussions, and interactive exercises that encourage growth and sharing. In a supportive, confidential environment, participants learn from one another and experience sincere, uncritical acceptance. Recovery is a process, and there is hope for everyone living with mental illness. In Peer-to-Peer, you will
- Learn about up-to-date mental health research
- Discover new coping strategies (but NAMI never recommends a specific treatment)
- Learn how to interact with health care providers
- Create a personalized relapse prevention plan
- Discuss the stigma attached to mental illness and how to reduce it
- Gain confidence in your ability to make health-related decisions and reduce stress
- Learn to access resources that will help maintain your journey toward recovery
The Chelsea class will begin on September 12, 2019 and the Ypsilanti class will being on September 18, 2019. Other classes may be offered later in the year. Registration is required and space, limited. If you’re interested, please fill out this form here.