Family-to-Family Course Start (In-Person)
If someone in your family has a mental health condition, you and other family members may be at a loss about what to do and where to turn for assistance. NAMI’s Family-to-Family class was created to help you and your family understand and support your loved one while also caring for yourselves.
Family-to-Family is a highly structured, 8-week mental health education course. Testing has shown it is effective and evidence-based. Family-to-Family
– Provides a supportive environment in which to learn and grow
– Covers the basics of serious brain disorders and treatments
– Helps connect you to information and community resources
– Teaches techniques for use in mental health crises
– Teaches important skills and coping techniques for use in relating to a loved one with a mental health condition as well as maintaining a sense of well-being yourself.
Classes will start on Tuesday, March 7 from 6-8:30 pm in person at Genesis of Ann Arbor (formally the Temple Beth Emeth)