If someone in your family has a mental health condition, you and other family members may be at a loss about what to do and where to turn for assistance. NAMI’s Family-to-Family class was created to help you and your family understand and support your loved one while also caring for yourselves.
Family-to-Family is a highly structured, 8-week mental health education course. Testing has shown it is effective and evidence-based. Family-to-Family
- Provides a supportive environment in which to learn and grow
- Covers the basics of serious brain disorders and treatments
- Helps connect you to information and community resources
- Teaches techniques for use in mental health crises
- Teaches important skills and coping techniques for use in relating to a loved one with a mental health condition as well as maintaining a sense of well-being yourself.
The next Family-to-Family classes will start on September 7th and September 8th from 6-8:30 pm. To start your registration and learn more please fill out the form below.
Other locations may be offered in the future as well. Registration is required and space, limited. If you’re interested, please fill out this form. A NAMI volunteer will then contact you to help you determine whether the class is right for you.